As well as offering massage therapy, we offer health and fitness exercise programmes to help endorse the benefits of an active and healthy lifestyle and help reduce the risk of sedentary related illnesses. We take referrals from health professionals (e.g. your GP, practice nurses, physiotherapists, occupational therapists or dieticians) and prescribe exercise regimes on a one to one basis or in groups.
Getting started with a clinical exercise programme
- Your health professional (GP, Practice nurse, Physiotherapist, Occupational therapist or Dietician) will provide an Exercise Referral form (BACPR Referral Form), which should be brought with you to your initial assessment
- We will confirm the form contains all the relevant information we need to recommend a safe and effective exercise programme for you. Where this is not possible the clinical instructor will contact your health professional for more information
- We’ll discuss with you about your expectations and arrange an induction at your earliest convenience – you will have the choice of coming to our referral group based classes or having a one to one session.
Clinical exercise programmes can help with
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Diabetes (Type 1 & type 2)
- Mental health (Depression and Anxiety)
- Respiratory conditions.